The protection of your personal data is important to us.
With this policy, the Municipality of Central Corfu and Diapontia Islands, located in Corfu (6A Alexandras Avenue, Marasleio Mansion), acting as a "Data Controller" of the website (www.corfuif.gr), collects, stores, uses and generally processes your personal data when you visit or use its websites.
This Policy also describes the way of using, sharing and protecting your personal data, the rights you have with respect to your personal data, and how you can contact us. For any questions you may have about this Policy, as well as any issue related to the processing of your Data and the exercise of your rights, you may contact us at the above contact details of the Company.
1. A few words about the Website
The present website http://www.corfuif.gr belongs to the Municipality of Central Corfu and Diapontia Islands and is a platform for artistic expression and interaction of the International Festival of Corfu, which is organized by the Municipality of Central Corfu and Diapontia Islands under the auspices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Culture and Sports, the Ministry of Tourism and the Greek National Tourism Organization with the valuable support of sponsors, friends and volunteers.
Through this website and its applications, you can access a range of services, such as:
- ticket purchase
- subscription to our newsletter for sending informative/advertising material
2. What is personal data?
The term “personal data” refers to information of natural persons, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, contact telephone number, etc., which identifies or can identify your identity, hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data or Data”.
3. What is the Processing of Personal Data?
Any action or set of actions carried out, with or without the use of automated means, on Personal Data or on personal data sets, such as collection, registration, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, a search of information, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of making available, the association or combination, restriction, deletion or destruction.
4. Is the provision of your Personal Data mandatory?
If you refuse to provide the information marked as mandatory, it will be impossible to achieve the main purpose for which the Data is collected and may, for example, make it impossible to fulfil the provision of the services available on this website.
The provision of additional data, beyond those marked as mandatory, is optional and does not entail any consequences concerning the main purposes of the Data collection, since their provision serves exclusively to optimise the quality of the services provided by us.
5. What Data do we collect from you?
We collect only your absolutely necessary Data, which is appropriate and relevant for the purpose for which it is intended.
Specifically, we collect,
a. Data that you provide to us during your registration and the creation of your user account and specifically data such as e-mail address and password/login password (as mandatory) and name, surname, postal address, telephone number (as optional):
b. Data and information that you provide to us through the transactions between us
c. Data relating to the method of payment for the transactions you carry out with us.
d. Data you provide us with when you subscribe to our newsletter.
e. Traffic data from our website.
g. To provide the best possible website experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser, as well as the country and phone code where your computer is located, the web pages that appear during your visit, the ads you click on and any search terms you used.
6. For what purpose do we collect your Data?
We collect your Data in order to:
- To create a User Account: the Municipality processes your Data in order to provide you with account functions and to facilitate the purchase of services.
- For Contact: The Municipality uses your Data to respond to the requests/queries you submit.
- With your consent, we will use your Personal Data, preferences and transaction data to inform you by e-mail about updates, activities, concerts, etc. of the Festival. Of course you have the possibility to withdraw this consent at any time.
- To Develop and Improve the products and services we provide to you.
- Because we want to offer you offers and proposals that are more relevant to your interests and needs.
- To send you communications deemed necessary to keep you informed.
7. What is the legal basis for the processing of your Data by the Company?
We collect your Data only if we have a legitimate reason for their processing. In any case, processing will be based on one of the following legal bases:
- your consent, where required. For example, when you choose to receive newsletters.
- the obligations of the Municipality arising from the law.
8. Who are the recipients of your Data?
Only the absolutely necessary personnel of the Company has access in your Data, which personnel is bound with confidentiality obligations.
Your Data may be disclosed to our associate companies of technical support & software maintenance, website management, provision of payment services, provision of software for the management of electronic newsletters, platform for the management of submitting comments on articles, granting of competition gifts, as well as distribution of content and press release.
9. How do we ensure that our associates respect your Data?
Our associates have agreed and are committed to:
- to maintain confidentiality,
- not send your Data to third parties without the Company’s permission,
- take appropriate technical and organizational security measures,
- comply with the legal framework for the protection of personal data and in particular Regulation 979/2016/EU (otherwise GDPR).
10. What is our policy with third-party Processors processing your Data following the above:
- We only provide the information needed to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your Data for the precise purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of the Data they hold will be deleted or made anonymous.
11. When do we delete your Data?
Your Data is kept by the Company only for as long as it is required for the fulfillment of the purpose for which you have shared them with us unless an extension of this period is required due to our legal claims or legal obligations.
Your declaration of consent to send a newsletter is kept for as long as a newsletter is sent to you by the Company and in any case for no more than six months from the termination of its sending.
User account Data are maintained for as long as the user account is active, unless a new processing reason occurs for some of them.
We keep your subscription Data for as long as you are a subscriber of our services and for as long as there is a legal obligation to maintain them or a legal claim to pay the price.
For the retention time of the Data collected through cookies you can be informed by the Cookies Policy.
12. Is your Data safe?
Recognizing the importance of the safety of your Personal Data, we have taken all appropriate organizational and technical measures for the security and protection of your Data from any unauthorized access, misuse, alteration, prohibited dissemination, disclosure, loss or accidental / unlawful destruction and any other form of unlawful processing. Those measures shall be reviewed and amended where necessary.
13. What are your rights?
– You have the right to access your Data.
This means that you have the right to be informed by us how and what Data of yours we process. You can ask to be informed about the purpose of the processing, the type of data we hold about you, to whom we give it, how long we store it, if automated decision-making takes place.
– You have the right to correct inaccurate Data.
If you find that there is an error in your Data, you can submit to us a request for the correction of your inaccurate Data and the completion of incomplete data (e.g. correction of name or update of a change of address of dispatch of our publications), so that it is complete and accurate.
– You have the right to deletion.
You may ask us to delete your Data if they are no longer necessary for the above-mentioned processing purposes.
– You have the right to portability of your Data.
You may ask us to receive in a readable form the Data you have provided or ask us to transmit it to another controller.
– You have the right to restrict processing.
You may ask us to restrict the processing of your Data for as long as the examination of your objections to the processing is pending.
– You have the right to revoke/object to the processing of your Data
You may object at any time to the processing of your Data or withdraw your consent, where it has been required and we will stop the processing of your Data, if there are no other compelling and legitimate reasons that prevail over your right or if they are no longer necessary for the above-mentioned processing purposes.
14. How can you exercise your rights?
REQUEST FOR DELETION OF PERSONAL DATA
REQUEST FOR CORRECTION OF INACCURATE PERSONAL DATA
REQUEST FOR WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATAN
REQUEST FOR ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
REQUEST FOR PERSONAL DATA PORTABILITY
REQUEST FOR OBJECTION TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
REQUEST FOR RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
We respond to your Requests free of charge without delay, and in any case within (1) one month from the time we receive your request. However, if your Request is complex or there is a large number of your Requests, we will inform you within the month if we need to receive an extension of another (2) two months within which we will respond to you.
If your Requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, especially due to their repetitive nature, the Company may impose a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs for the provision of the information or the execution of the requested action, or refuse to follow up on the Request by justifying the reply to you.
In the event that you do not receive a reply within the above deadline or the response you received was not satisfactory or your issue has not been resolved, you may contact the Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr).
15. What is the applicable law when we process your Data?
The applicable law is Greek law, as shaped in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679/EU, and in general the applicable national and European legislative and regulatory framework for the protection of personal data. Competent courts for any emerging disputes related to your Data are the Courts of Athens.
16. How will you be informed of any changes to this Policy?
We update this Policy whenever necessary. If there are significant changes to the Policy or to the way we use your Data, we will publish on our website the update of this Policy before the changes take effect and we will notify you in any appropriate way.
We encourage you to read, regularly, this Policy to know how your Data is protected.